Sage 50 is the globally recommended accounting software that is assimilated with potential features and tools that simplifies business accounting and financial operations. Like other software Sage also faces problems while functioning. The errors might be technical or functional. One of the commonly reported technical error is “Sage 50 Error- Could not be Started”. When this error happens you can restart your system and try to open the Sage software by clicking the icon again. The error comes with an error message on the system when the error occurs in the system. The error messages displayed are as follows: “Error: Sage 50 cannot be started, please reboot.” or “Error: Sage 50 Accounting cannot be started. Please try again.”
I am facing problem with my Sage software, when I click on the icon on my desktop will not open. When I called to SAGE expert they said its due to my locked company files or program shortcut was damaged, but I don’t think so. I need quick solution.
Major Causes for the Sage 50 Error-Could not be Started
The below mentioned reasons are the genuine causes of this error
- Destroyed/Corrupt company files and folders
- The company files and folders are old and expired
- Company folders comprise of reports those are damaged
- The problem with Pervasive
- Problem with the server network is Public
- Shortcuts are damaged
- There is problem with the configuration with the compatibility mode for the shortcut
The below mentioned solutions are recommended by the Sage experts. At times rebooting your system can also resolve this issue but follow the below steps in case the error persists.
Method I: Problem with Compatibility Configuration
- Click on Sage program icon -> Choose Properties
- Go to the Compatibility and open it.
- The move to altering the configuration option
- Click on the checkbox to execute the program in the compatibility mode.
- Press OK
- End the Sage 50 properties window.
Method II: Create Shortcut Once Again
- Click on Sage 50 shortcut
- Choose remove/delete option
- Find out the Program Path
- Search the Peachw.exe file and click on the right side of it
- Click the Send option and move to the desktop option
- Thus you create a new shortcut on the desktop
- Rename this shortcut that you have recently created
Method III: Reinstall Sage 50 and Run as Administrator
- Restart your system and log in to the system as an Administrator to access the company files and folders
- Find the location, “C:\Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\ (where xx is the year and _x if it exists is the product update number)”
- Then click the Maint.exe file
- Move to Run as Administrator option
- Go to the Repair option once prompted
- Let the installation process complete successfully.
Method IV: Corrupt/Damaged Reports Folder
- Close Sage 50 program that are hosted on the same server.
- Find out the Data path on the system that hosts the data.
- Rename the Reports to the earlier Reports
- Then run the repair application on the software.
If you want to fix Sage 50 issues then you can call Peachtree support phone number at anytime and if the error persists connect with IMPCsupport.com. The Sage support team available here are prompt and active in according quick feasible solutions for your Sage errors. Connect with the team through their toll free phone number 1800 273 5709.